It means to be very sly; to conduct your agenda with the help of stealth. Check SentenceHouse for more
- Just all of a sudden, Jon ended up giving me a furtive glance which indicated that there was something wrong going on.
- If you are going to be walking in a furtive manner, make sure that there is no want to see you doing it.
- A lot of students tried to include furtive tactics with which they will be able to avoid getting caught cheating in the examination. However, more often than not, they are caught.
- It is through his furtive tears that you could see that he was really in pain, and this was not something that was make believe.
- If a thief is furtive, it would be a long time before you can actually discover that you have been the victim of the crime of theft.
- Furtive messages are always being sent by colleagues once the find that their boss is not around.